The Village ELC has compiled a list of links and resources to help families find further useful information.
- Fact Sheets
- Families FAQ
- Families Library
- Overview of the National Quality Framework
- How the National Quality Standards Work
- National Quality Standard Ratings
- Belonging, Being, Becoming – Early Years Learning Framework
- Department of Human Services – Family Assistance Office
Involves the management of the service, confidentially of records policy and all procedures. At The Village we are guided by the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011 and Education and Services National Law Act 2010.
Ministerial Council for Education, Early Childhood Development and Youth Affairs (MCEECDYA)
- Oversees implementation of the National Quality Framework (NQF)
- Makes the Education and Care National Regulations
- Appoints members of AECQA Board
Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA):
- Guides the implementation of the NQF
- Publishes guides and resources for the sector, parents and the community
- Establishes, publishes and maintains national registers including approved providers, approved education and care services and their ratings and certified supervisors
- Promotes the consistent application of the National Law across all state and territories
- Provides national oversight of the NQF and ensures consistency
State / Territory based Regulatory Authority:
Approved providers, services and certified supervisors primarily interact with the Regulatory Authority in Victoria.
The State Regulatory Authority:
- administers the NQF
- issues approvals and supervisor certificates
- assesses services against the National Quality Standard
- monitors and enforce the National Law
- reviews and investigate complaints
Rating and Assessment
All early learning centres in Australia are assessed by their state/territory regulatory authority to ensure that they are meeting the National Quality Standards.